- If you defy an enemy by doubting his courage, you double it.
- The body is the shrine of divinity.
- Know the world in yourself, never look for yourself in the world.
- Understanding develops by degrees.
- There grows no wheat where there is no grain.
- The seed includes all the possibilities of the tree.
- All is within yourself, know your most inward self and seek its equal in nature.
- The way of knowledge is narrow.
- A pupil shows by his own effort how much he deserves to learn.
- Each truth you learn will be for you, as new as if it had never been written.
- Never believe a word without putting its truth to the test.
- Images are nearer reality than cold definitions.
- Lead your neighbor to truth for they may one day lead you.
- It is no use whatsoever preaching wisdom to men: You must inject it into their blood.
- One foot isn't enough to walk with.
- Knowledge is consciousness of reality, and reality the laws that govern nature.
- For every joy there is a price to be paid.
- The gift of knowledge is so great that no effort whatsoever could hope to deserve it.
- Everyone finds himself in the world where he belongs.
- An environment must be suited to the age and men to their environment.
- Physical consciousness is indispensable for the achievement of knowledge.
- The only thing that is humiliating is helplessness.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Thursday, November 27, 2008
"EVERYTHING IS ABOUT SOMETHING DIFFERENT"
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. (Colossians 3:15 NIV)
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
"Teach them to say 'NO'. Not a miserly 'No,' but the life-affirming 'NO' of those who hate bullies and petty rules." Never grovel because people are famous or powerful. Read tyrants as though you were a detective and learn to say 'No'. It's not global warming that will destroy us, it's gullibility."
Words of wisdom from Tarzie Vittachi.
Friday, November 21, 2008
[What makes a man or a woman a sacred or holy pearl? You might find the answer contained within some of Joe's Rules. The Rules speak for themselves.]
'The Lord our God is one Lord; and thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart, thy whole soul, thy whole mind, and thy whole strength.' (Mark 12:29, 30 WNT)
The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these." (Mark 12:29, 30 WNT)
`The first of all the commands [is], Hear, O Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is one; and thou shalt love the Lord thy God out of all thy heart, and out of thy soul, and out of all thine understanding, and out of all thy strength -- this [is] the first command;
the second [is] like [it], this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself; -- greater than these there is no other command.' (Mark 12-29-31 YLT)
"A new commandment I give you, to love one another; that as I have loved you, you also may love one another. It is by this that every one will know that you are my disciples--if you love one another." (John 13:34, 35 WNT)
“Now this is the basis for judgment, that the light has come into the world but men have loved the darkness rather than the light, for their works were wicked. For he that practices vile things hates the light and does not come to the light, in order that his works may not be reproved. But he that does what is true comes to the light, in order that his works may be made manifest as having been worked in harmony with God.” (John 3:19-21 NWT)
- “Do not deceive yourselves; no one makes a fool of God. You will reap exactly what you plant.” ( Galatians 6:7 GNT)
- “Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.” (NIV)
- (“Do not be misled: God is not one to be mocked. For whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap; because he who is sowing with a view to his flesh (idolatry, homosexuals, murderers, liars, hatreds, etc.) will reap corruption from the flesh, but he who is sowing with a view to the spirit will reap everlasting life from the spirit. (Legitimate individuality, a living soul)
(“Do not give what is holy to dogs, neither throw your pearls before swine, that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip you open.” -NWT)
“Stop judging that you may not be judged; for with what judgment you are judging, you will be judged; and with the measure that you are measuring out, they will measure out to you.” (Matthew 7:1, 2 NWT)
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” (NIV)
“No one lights a lamp and puts it under a basket, but rather on a lampstand, and it gives light for all who are in the house.” (Matthew 5:15 CSB)
“So let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works, and may glorify your Father who [is] in the heavens.” (Matthew 5:16 YLT)
1. Be Impeccable With Your Word
Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.
2. Don't Take Anything Personally
Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.
3. Don't Make Assumptions
Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.
4. Always Do Your Best
Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.
(by don Miguel Ruiz)
- The wise are glad to be instructed, but babbling fools fall flat on their faces. (Proverbs 10:8 NLT)
- To hide hatred is to be a liar; to slander is to be a fool. (Proverbs 10:18 NLT)
- The godly give good advice, but fools are destroyed by their lack of common sense. (Proverbs 10:21 NLT)
- The godly speak words that are helpful, but the wicked speak only what is corrupt. (Proverbs 10:32 NLT)
- Without wise leadership, a nation falls; with many counselors, there is safety. (Proverbs 11:14 NLT)
- The LORD hates people with twisted hearts, but he delights in those who have integrity. (Proverbs 11:20 NLT)
- A woman who is beautiful but lacks discretion is like a gold ring in a pig's snout. (Proverbs 11:22 NLT)
- If you search for good, you will find favor; but if you search for evil, it will find you! (Provers 11:27 NLT)
- The words of the wicked are like a murderous ambush, but the words of the godly save lives. (Proverbs 12:6 NLT)
- Fools think they need no advice, but the wise listen to others. (Proverbs 12:15 NLT)
- A fool is quick-tempered, but a wise person stays calm when insulted. (Proverbs 12:16 NLT)
- The LORD hates those who don't keep their word, but he delights in those who do. Proverbs 12:22 NLT)
- Wise people don't make a show of their knowledge, but fools broadcast their folly. (Proverbs 12:23 NLT)
- Arrogance leads to nothing but strife, but wisdom is gained by those who take advice. (Proverbs 13:10 CSB)
- Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when dreams come true, there is life and joy. (Proverbs 13:12 NLT)
- Wise people think before they act; fools don't and even brag about it! (Proverbs 13:16 NLT)
- If you refuse to discipline your children, it proves you don't love them; if you love your children, you will be prompt to discipline them. (Proverbs 13:24 NLT)
- Do not answer anyone stupid according to his foolishness,m that you yourself also may not become equal to him. (Proverbs 26:4 NWT)
- Have you seen a man wise in his own eyes: There is more hope for the stupid one than for him. (Proverbs 26:12 NWT) or,
- Trembling at men is what lays a snare, but he that is trusting in Jehovah will be protected. (Proverbs 29:25. NWT
Some simple truths plagiarized by Joe:
1. Every man is rich in his excuses to safeguard his prejudices, his instincts and his opinions.
2. Social good is what brings peace to family and society.
3. A man's heart hold his own truth.
4. Each truth you learn will be for you, as new as if it had never been written.
5. Envious greed must govern to posses and ambition must posses to govern.
6. Seek the source of truth not the image of it.
7. What you are doing does not matter so much as what you are learning from doing it.
8. Every man must be in the rhythm of his time, such is wisdom.
9. The honest stage a society can reach is when its leaders are chosen by their ability instead of their wealth (or color of their skin).
10. In every vital activity it is the path that matters.
11. A man's heart hold his own truth.
12. Leave him in error who loves his error.
13. True sages are those who give what they have, without meanness and without secrets!
14. A man must learn the fact that everything he does will have its consequences.
15. Sound skepticism is the necessary condition for the discovery of truth.
16. The best and shortest road towards knowledge of truth is nature.
17. Popular beliefs must be examined in order to discover the original thought.
18. A seed can't reach its potential without receiving corresponding energies from the sky
19. There are two kinds of error: blind credulity and piecemeal criticism.
20. What reveals itself to me ceases to be mysterious for me alone, if I unveil it to anyone else, they hear mere words.
21. Growth doesn't depend on the will of the intellect, but on the intensity of the inner urge.
22. Never believe a word without putting its truth to the test.
23. To gain knowledge you must first gain peace.
24. Listen to your convictions, even if they seem absurd to your reason.
25. Judge by cause, not effect.
26 Peace is the fruit of activity, not of sleep.
27. People bring about their own undoing through their tongues.
28 Love is one thing, knowledge is another.
29. To know means to record in one's memory, but to understand means to make part of oneself.
30. Exuberance brings action, but the inner light grows in silence and concentration.
If you made it this far, good for you. Joe lives by these rules and applies, as he see's fit, the simple truths contained that make a bright pearl. How many of you can say the same?
Sunday, November 16, 2008
On a sunny Sunday morning as I sat down to savor my morning brew, I was confronted with this Times-Standard headline: "A CHANGING LANDSCAPE" followed by, "Half of eucalyptus trees along Highway 101 corridor to be cut" and "The new civil rights movement." A changing landscape alright; a destructive change.
Here's your declaration of war right, from the mouths of civil terrorist:
Included in this is the posting on the Humboldt Herald, for one, the names and addresses of those and I quote: "SUPPORTERS OF PROP H8te (ARCATA & EUREKA):"
Local businesses and individuals that contributed to the “Yes on 8” campaign were also targeted at Saturday's protest, with some speakers calling for boycotts.
”Support the businesses that supported us,” Susan McGee urged the crowd, drawing loud cheers of support.
Linda Atkins, who won a city council seat representing Eureka's 2nd Ward on Election Day, also urged those in the crowd to use their power as consumers to effect change.
”We have a big economic impact on this state -- let's use it,” she said.
Atkins told the crowd that the proudest moment of her life came when she recently married her wife at the Humboldt County Courthouse.
The will of the people means nothing to the thug bully. All he or she cares about is getting his or her way. There's usually only one way to deal with bullies and these people, and I use the word "people" loosely, would be wise to remember that when they go military on their relatively peaceful neighbors.
It's one thing to take Democracy into other parts of the world and force them to convert, destroying their culture and religious beliefs held for thousands of years, depriving them or causing the to forfeit their legitimate right to exist. It is an all together different situation when you try to force a depraved sub-culture on your own people, destroying or at least trying to destroy the very basis for their and your existence.
These "people" are not interested in civil rights, or any other right you can think of. They want legitimacy and equality to all other members of society. Unfortunately, they are fighting a losing battle no matter how many people think or believe "these people" are endowed with unalienable Rights. That God or Universe our founding fathers believed granted all "people," excluding women, blacks and homosexuals of course, has spoken. A plague is upon them and they are a cancer in our society. When you vote such "people" into office you bring the very essence of corruption into halls of government. The lines are being drawn and drawn deeply.
So goes the eucalyptus trees, so goes the people; mostly young people, I'd say.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
This person, Melinda Pillsbury-Foster in her November 9th article, "Are Your Ready for Peace, Prosperity, and Good Will?" seems to think it is and gives the following suggestions for preparation.
Pay off your mortgage if possible or find the means for at least lowering your exposure by moving to a fixed interest rate loan.” Now I advise you to take steps to cancel your mortgage; nearly all mortgage documents contain fraudulent terms and can be canceled if you understand the law. Canceling your mortgage keeps money out of the hands of foreign banks and with Americans.
“Get ready to look for the investment opportunities that will soon be available to ordinary people for lower cost alternatives in energy, transportation, and other off-grid technologies.” This is still true. Do it.
“Can you grow your own food? Look into starting a coop, bringing in locally grown farm food. Join with those around you; this will build a community of cooperation that will bring both security and provide the means for local control.” The resources for doing this on smaller spaces are now greatly increased. Liquid Probiotics is one of several products that can remineralize your soil and so provide food for you and your family that will actually improve your health.
“Growing and eating locally will reduce your exposure to reliance on food that is shipped in from off shore, perhaps bringing in with it diseases or toxic substances, and also mean more security for you and those around you in a steady, clean, supply of food.” Truer every day and you need to take action.
“Make sure you know what your children are learning. Schools now routinely turn out students who are functionally illiterate, suited only for the kinds of jobs they envision for our posterity. Dumbing down was part of their agenda.” How many children today can build their own radios? Our children need to know practical physics. How many can pass the routines tests on the Constitution given to kids in the early part of the 20th Century?
“The best indicator for future success in life is how early you have your first job, not how many degrees you accumulate; education has become about symbols over substance. Tesla had no degrees and never attended college. This generation of children will be finding out what it means to work the hard way. Nothing about the policies that have extended childhood far into the twenties have been about protecting children; those policies are about control.”
“At the same time you need to come together with others in your community to take back control. Use persuasion; true community is about including and caring for everyone voluntarily.” Coming together in community is essential of those now in danger are to survive. America began as people governing themselves from their own communities. It worked because the principles are true. People are careful with their own hard earned cash. People will do the right thing when they control their own time and wealth and are free to choose.
“Look at your local police. You pay their salaries. If they are focused on a militarized agenda, converting you and other citizens into criminalized targets, ignoring your Constitutional rights under the coloration of 'gang control' you need to take action. The Constitution is for all of us.” More obviously true every single day.
“We need to take back control of our courts. Understand the bait and switch that took place and study the common law that is America's real heritage for enacting justice and lowering the transaction costs of conflict and crime. A crime has not taken place if there is no victim.” Study the Constitution and the Common Law and teach your children.
“The Sheriff in your County is the highest Constitutional law enforcement authority. If you can't trust him, remove him and elect someone who will be willing and able to tell the Feds to stay out. Expect them to move rapidly on their agenda to assert control over regional areas and state governments. Be ready to react accordingly.” Now, you need to be ready.
“Lastly, start thinking about the many ways that same Corporate Elite has conned us, manipulated us continue their predatory behavior. Through the stock market, through the mortgage industry grab, through the continued rackets they run in every place they touch our lives.
Count up what they have cost you, when, where and who. Make a record. Gather together all of those accounts that show how they have stolen from you, done all within their power to suck you dry. .
There will be an accounting and you need to be ready.”
Does any of this mean anything to you?
Saturday, November 8, 2008
When Joe Blow moved back to Eureka after some time away and moved into his new home, he found a stack of soggy old newspapers piled up behind his backyard fence. The name was The Eureka Reporter and they were delivered free of charge to anyone that wanted them. I guess somebody didn't get the message. It wasn't long before the Times-Standard called with a good offer, and always the one to support the local community, we began getting both newspapers.
It didn't take Joe long to figure out the the ER was a whole lot like Fox News, "We Report, You Decide." It didn't take Joe long to decide that what the ER reported was born-again, militant fundamentalist, fanatical religious Republican believers, with all their hate and fear mongering diatribe. True to their nature they blamed the victim. They preached individual responsibility and personal rights while all the time gutting anyone and everything that made some semblance of personal integrity and self-sufficiency a reality. Personal accusations and self-serving lies were their mainstay. And the Times-Standard, for the sake of some moron's idea of fairness and tilted balance, continues to enable that garbage. True to their nature the gutless enablers roll on.
Joe's first observation on his Wordpress Report was about the Editor, Glenn Franco-Simmons written under "The High Priest Of Trash." Not only did the Arkley's use their money, influence and this so-called Constitutional Right to promote and produce this kind of garbage, they allowed every other kind of fear and hate mongering in the form of a blank paper to print letters from the general public. That kind of stink hit everyone that supported this so-called conservative point of view, all those that advertised or did business with The Eureka Reporter and everyone that supported those advertisers and businesses.
Well, Joe got their last edition this morning and it was a blank page! Up in the top left corner it said, "What if we never existed?" The answer to that question is obvious, we'll never know now will we?
In the top right side is the word "Priceless." Down at the bottom right corner is says "1,225 issues of priceless community coverage." Joe says, rather emphatically, HE CAN'T DISPUTE THAT!