Sunday, January 25, 2009

Clint Eastwood's Gran Torino


My wife and I just took this Sunday morning off to sit in a nearly full theater to see the Clint Eastwood movie, Gran Torino. At the end of the show, to a resounding chorus of applause from MOSTLY men and women of our age, we both said to one another, "He did it again, didn't he?"

He was on the cutting edge of our traumatized society AGAIN! That's what he did.

Hope in hope is a BLACK JOKE. There is only ONE way for our, MY generation to redeem itself and Mr. Eastwood has nailed it.

Sorry guys, but that's what it really means to be a Christian.
--Joe

2 comments:

  1. Hey man! A friend of mine told me about a great deal on a house on Mulholland Drive. I told her, yeah, I bet it's cheap, but the fire insurance must be a b**ch. Yes, Clint is the king of gripping drama with a grudge thrown in. Ever watch Falling Down with Mike Douglas. Wow! Talk about a world gone mad. I'm doing okay with the whole unemployment thing. I am just sorry all the shit had to roll onto the girls shoulders instead of the white collars rolling up their sleeves. Say hi to the wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check this one out. Its still in the theaters, This is a review I wrote.Enjoy
    http://viewsfromdacrowsnest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete